19 December 2007

What a Weekend!

Last Saturday, my girls and I had the opportunity to volunteer at the NEW Baton Rouge Dream Center @ Winbourne for the Christmas Outreach. It was SO AMAZING!
There was food and games for everyone -- space walks, basketball, face painting, and cookie decorating. We gave a toy to each child who came and boy,did they come!
People in the neighborhood were curious as to what was going on in the old Winbourne church. This is what they saw:


Later that evening, my middle daughter was in the Christmas production given by the Children's Praise & Worship Team. They did a fabulous job! I wish I had more pictures to show you, but my camera was acting funny...
These kids performed for ALL 4 SERVICES at the Highland campus! And at the 10:00 service they got to perform for a very special guest: Governor-Elect Bobby Jindal!

1 comment:

Carole Turner said...

Natasha was great!! I hate that I missed the outreach, your pictures are awesome!