18 August 2008

Blogger Bits #1

I've decided I'm going to do these mini-multi posts for those days when I have a lot to say, but not much to say about any one thing. ;>)

First, I want to acknowledge how many "cyber-friends" I have found in this thing known as the "blogger world." If you have never blogged, you may not understand what I mean, but it is absolutely wonderful!
Take for example, a blog post I wrote a few weeks ago (We Cry Out) about something very difficult my family is going through -- something really hateful and mean, directed mostly at ME.

The most difficult part of getting through this trial has been sticking to my resolution to "let God deal with it."
There have been moments when I have almost convinced myself that God DOES want me to respond and "set the record straight" to those who have hurt me, but deep down, I know that is NOT God . I have given this issue to God and I need to stop picking it back up.
I have been doing really well lately... I've actually had days when I didn't think about the offense at all.
But TODAY, today while sitting in traffic, I start playing out a conversation in my mind... I stop it before it goes too far, but I sigh in frustration as I realize that "it ain't over yet."

Then, I come home and find this AWESOME, uplifting comment from a complete stranger!
How cool is that?
Isn't it funny how God always knows what we need even before we do??
And I smile to myself and think, "God DOES see me, even when I think He doesn't."

SERVOLUTION was a huge success!
I was SOOOO tired on Saturday night, but it was totally worth it.
Nadia and I went with a group of ladies to volunteer at the Battered Women's Shelter. Nadia held babies and played with the kids while I helped CLEAN.
The women there were so sweet and it felt so great to know that we were truly showing them Jesus.
Due to the sensitive nature of where we were working, I could not take pictures, but I do have a couple from our get together at our main campus at the start of the day:Jammin' with our AWESOME worship team -- getting pumped up and ready to SERVE.

Pastor Dino speaking before we head out to take on the city!

I finally have some auctions up on eBay, so check them out if you're interested. I will be listing more every day this week.

One last note: It is less than one week until my second year of ELEVATE (Healing Place School of Ministry) begins. I could really use some prayers to get my heart, my mind, my home, my spirit -- everything in line, where they need to be before next Saturday. I am so excited, I can hardly wait!

No comments: