09 September 2008

HOME

We arrived home late last night to a very tidy house and a bouquet of BEAUTIFUL flowers (thanks Turners!!).
It's SO good to sleep in my own bed again and flip a switch and have a light come on.
It's amazing how much we take for granted.

Today is going to be crazy busy; I need to get all my laundry washed, folded, and put away and finish cleaning up some of the messier rooms in my house (projects begun before Hurricane Gustav). I need to go buy groceries and dog food and cat food, and pay bills and pick up dry cleaning.

Today will not be much fun, but I'm not complaining because at least it's NORMALCY -- something so many here in Baton Rouge are still waiting for.

MANY people continue to be without power here; I think the last official estimate I heard was 45% of East Baton Rouge Parish was still without power.
Considering that's down from 98% just one week ago, I'd say the power companies are doing a fantastic job. The task is just too great.

Please be praying for those who still do not have power or food or fuel.
I know how crazy we were getting after just 4 days of sleeping in this deep south heat and humidity; I can't imagine 8+ days!

I promise to update more later when I get caught up on things here.
THANKS SO MUCH to all of you who were praying for us & are continuing to pray for us.
I will get pictures uploaded and posted either today or tomorrow...

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I am glad you all made it through the storm safely and are back home in your own beds! I know how nice that feels..